Skip to content →

The Café (with the building undergoing renovation in the background), 1996

Archive of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art

Diagram of the renovations, adding stairs, café, multi-purpose hall, and passageways, 1996

Civil Engineering Archive, Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality

The Joseph & Rebecca Meyerhoff Art Education Center

The Museum’s art workshops are situated nearby the main complex, south of Shaul Hamelech Blvd. In 1971, the Museum started offering various art classes for children, youths, and adults. These were held on the ground floor of the Helena Rubinstein Pavilion, as well as in the spaces of the adjacent garden known as Ya'akov Garden. In 1986, the Museum’s education department moved to an abandoned school on Dubnov Street, where it operates to this day. In 1996, the Dubnov Street building was renovated and expanded, thanks to a donation by the philanthropist Joseph Meyerhoff, according to the architectural design and under the supervision of Tav Group.

Gym class outside the entrance to the Dubnov School, 1957

Archive of the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality

Art workshop activities in the building's back courtyard (later to become the courtyard of the Meyerhoff Gallery), ca. 1990

Archive of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art

More about Buildings and Architecture

More about the Museum